Saturday, April 9, 2011

Seeing the Forest despite the Trees

Good morning, lovely readers!
I took a long walk in the woods today--they grow quite thick around Elinore's house. Fortunately there are a multitude of pine trees so the ground is covered with needles, making a nice walking surface.

One of the cats came along for the walk, which surprised me a great deal. It's a lovely gray Persian with ice blue eyes. This cat has a fancy for me I believe. I noticed it stays around me fairly consistently and actually crawled in bed with me last night.

Never having been one to sleep with animals (of four OR two feet) I was a bit unnerved at first, but then the warmth and contentment of having it curled up at my feet became apparent and I nodded off.

Such an occurance made me feel a bit guilty for my tirade yesterday. Although the number of cats is quite overwhelming, I must admit, now and then they do provide a bit of company and comfort.

So I shall look past the individual issues and focus on my fortunate position of having a place to live and a kind lady who believes my rather strange tale of transportation. I shall just have to learn to deal with the cats.

I'm naming my little gray friend, Puff, for Elinore neglects to name her cats, and this one certainly deserves a name. I''m going to sew a little collar for her, and I may put a bow in her hair. Yes, that would be nice...a bow.

In any event, my writing is going well. I plan to start on another story soon, now that Second Chance is sucessfully placed for sale. But for now it's time for tea.
Yours, very sincerely,  Lady Jane Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment